Take a short break and restore your energy while you’re at work. Don’t wait until you get home. Do it now.
- Go on an office “thank you tour.” Stop into offices or meetings and thank people for their service. Be specific, personal, and brief. Turn and walk away when your done.
- Take a short walk between meetings.
- Reflect before taking on the next task. Ask, “Am I proud of my attitude and behavior so far today?”
- Turn on some music.
- Treat yourself to a special drink. (Non-alcoholic of course)
- Exercise in your chair.
- Call your spouse, children, or significant other. Say something good.
- Take your shoes off under your desk.
- Close your eyes and recall a joyful experience from your past.
Bonus: Pat yourself on the back like you would someone else. (Do this in private.)
I’m chilling out with my wife, son, daughter-in-law, and our youngest…
View original post 15 more words